Sunday, March 25, 2007

"You Know, I Won 18 Games in 2000!"

<-- Possibly the worst Christmas present...ever.

I've never been happier that Chan Ho is so upset. David Lennon is reporting in Newsday that Mike Pelfrey has all but been named the fifth starter. Mr. Ho Park isn't too thrilled with the news.
"To be honest, I feel more comfortable as a starter," Park said. "That's who I am. I've been here 13 years. Yes, I have experience as a reliever and have had some success with it.

"But I came here looking for a job as a starter, that's for sure. If they ask me to be a reliever, honestly, I'm unhappy. I'm not happy. I have to figure out what is best for the team
."

If you discount last season's 4.81 ERA in San Diego's HR graveyard, Mr. Ho Park has not posted a sub-5.00 ERA since 2001...But, yeah, he's allowed to complain after his stellar 14 IP, 9ER, 14 H, 7 BB, 6.57 ERA spring campaign.

But the good news is our favorite Korean mop-up man will have some veteran company in the Mets' class of the NL...eh frighteningly suspect bullpen....Oh, and Filthy Sanchez had a "precautionary" MRI on his surgically repaired, "what was that popping sound," right shoulder.
The 2007 Mets! Your Season (with a paper-thin bullpen and suspect rotation) Has Come!
----------------------------------------------

In other news...Pelfrey cruised through the first two innings before having a rough third. Overall he still looks better in that #5 spot than Chan Ho Sele.

The bright side? Jose Valentin is not dead. He smoked a two run double to the fence in left-center before collapsing of exhaustion at second base...Mets team doctors defused any worries by explaining that a player's first physical exertion of the spring may result in similar phenomena.

No comments: